POSITIVE COVID-19 CASE PROTOCOL
Dear Parent or Carer,
In the case of a positive test of Covid-19 at Ysgol Hendrefelin the following protocols will take place:
- If your child has a positive result for Covid-19 you must immediately contact Ysgol Hendrefelin via this email address. This email address should only be used for this purpose.
Do not send this information to the normal school email address.
- The email only needs to include the name of the child, date of birth, contact name of parent/carer and an accessible telephone number.
- A member of the School Leadership Team will contact you as soon as possible.
- The school will liaise with Public Health Wales and Test, Trace and protect Team to find out the next steps.
- If a class “bubble” or site “bubble” is to be asked to self-isolate all parents/carers and pupils will be notified through text. It is vital that you notify school if you change your mobile number.
- You will also be notified by email and class dojo if possible.
- If we are informed of a positive test of Covid-19 during the school day, the class involved will be immediately isolated. Pupils will remain contained within an area away from other pupils until they can be safely dismissed.
- Parents will be informed via text that there is a positive test of Covid-19 within the “bubble” which maybe a class, a key stage or site bubble. This is dependent on which school site the pupil attends.
- At this point you will need to arrange to collect your child from school. Pupils will not be allowed to travel on school or public transport.
- Pupils will need to self-isolate for 14 days. You will receive a letter from school giving further information and guidance.